How to take a screenshot on a HP laptop

I’m familiar with taking screenshots on my phone, but I’m not sure how to do it on my HP laptop.

Can you explain the process for taking a screenshot on a laptop running Windows?

Aria

4 Likes

You can do the following:

Press the PrtScn - Print Screen key on your keyboard. This will capture a screenshot of your entire screen and save it to your clipboard. You can then paste the screenshot into an image editor or document.

Alternatively, press the Windows key + PrtScn key. This will save a screenshot of your entire screen to the “Screenshots” folder in your “Pictures” folder.

4 Likes

Hi

You can also do these:

• Press the “Alt” + “PrtScn” keys. This will capture a screenshot of your active window and save it to your clipboard.
  • Press the “Windows” key + “Shift” + “S” keys. This will bring up the “Screen snip” tool, which allows you to select a specific area of your screen to capture.
  • Use the “Snipping Tool” app. You can find this app by searching for it in the Start menu. It allows you to take a screenshot of a specific area of your screen or the entire screen.
3 Likes

Hi @ariarodesign

Try these:

Use a third-party screenshot tool. There are many free screenshot tools available online that you can download and use to take screenshots on your laptop.

Use a hardware button on your laptop. Some laptops have a dedicated “Screenshot” button or a “Function” key that allows you to take a screenshot.

Use the touchscreen on a laptop with a touchscreen. If your laptop has a touchscreen, you can use your finger to take a screenshot by pressing and holding the “Windows” key + “Volume down” key.

Hope this help.

4 Likes