How to start voice acting

I have a talent for voice acting and I’m considering making it my career. Do you have any tips or resources for someone who is new to the industry and looking to get started?

Levi

3 Likes

Hi @lthompson2K

One tip for getting started in the voice acting industry is to practice and hone your skills. This can include taking classes or workshops, working with a voice coach, or recording yourself reading scripts and listening to the playback to identify areas for improvement.

Another one is creating a professional sounding demo reel to showcase your skills and range as a voice actor. This can include clips from a variety of different types of projects, such as commercials, animation, and audiobooks.

Hope this help.

DC

3 Likes

Hi

In addition above:

Network with Other Voice Actors - join online communities or attend events where you can connect with other voice actors and learn about the industry. Consider reaching out to established voice actors for advice and mentorship.

Build a Website and Social Media Presence. Create a professional website and social media profiles that showcase your voice acting portfolio and credits. Make sure to keep your website and social media profiles updated with your latest work and industry news.

Remember, starting a career in voice acting takes time, effort, and dedication, but with the right resources and a willingness to learn and grow, anyone can become a successful voice actor.

3 Likes

Hi @lthompson2K

Here are some tips and resources:

Audition for Voice Acting Roles. Look for audition opportunities on websites such as Backstage, Voice123, or Voiceover Universe, and consider working with a talent agent to help you secure voice acting roles.

Invest in Good Equipment. Consider purchasing high-quality microphone and recording equipment to ensure the best sound quality for your recordings.

3 Likes