How to create a public profile on Snapchat

Hi

I’ve been using Snapchat for a while and I want to switch to a public profile so that I can share my Snaps with a wider audience.

How do I set up a public profile on Snapchat and what are the benefits and drawbacks of doing so?

Levi

3 Likes

Here’s the step-by-step on setting up public profile:

• Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
  • Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen to access your settings.
  • Scroll down and tap on “Account Actions.”
  • Tap on “Create a Public Profile.”
  • Follow the prompts to set up your public profile, including choosing a username and a profile picture.

JW

2 Likes

The benefits of having a public profile on Snapchat include being able to share your Snaps with a wider audience and potentially gaining more followers.

The drawbacks of having a public profile on Snapchat include having less privacy, as your Snaps will be visible to anyone who follows you, and potentially receiving more spam or inappropriate messages.

BTW, to switch back to a private profile on Snapchat, follow the same steps as above and choose “Create a Private Profile” instead of “Create a Public Profile.”

3 Likes